Dr. Christos Markides
Christos Markides is Professor of Clean Energy Technologies, Head of the Clean Energy Processes Laboratory, and leads the Experimental Multiphase Flow Laboratory, which is the largest experimental space of its kind at Imperial College London. He is also, amongst other, Editor-in-Chief of journal Applied Thermal Engineering, a member of the UK National Heat Transfer Committee, and on the Scientific Board of the UK Energy Storage SUPERGEN Hub.
He specialises in applied thermodynamics and transport processes as applied to high-performance devices, technologies and systems for energy recovery, utilization, conversion or storage, and has an ongoing interest in advanced diagnostic techniques for the provision of detailed, spatiotemporally resolved information in turbulent, reacting and multiphase flows. He has published >300 journal papers and >350 conference papers on these topics.
He has won multiple awards, including IChemE’s Global Award for “Best Research Project” for his work on hybrid PV-thermal technologies (2018). He also won IMechE’s Donald Julius Groen outstanding paper prize (2016), the Engineers’ Without Borders “Chill Challenge” (2020), as well as Imperial College London President’s Awards for Teaching (2016) and for Research Excellence (2017).
Final Extended Paper Submission Deadlines
Final Extended Notification to Authors
Final Extended Early-Bird Registration
Registration fee includes the following:
- Publication of 1 accepted paper in the proceedings. Publication of each additional paper requires a €200 EUR registration
- Conference package including a USB of the proceedings with all registered accepted papers
- Buffet lunch for each day of the conference
- 2 coffee breaks for each day of the conference
- 1 banquet dinner OR cruise tour
Important information for accompanying person(s): Please be informed that the accompanying person can NOT be a co-author.
Co-authors, regardless if 1 author is attending, must pay the full registration fee.
The accompany person fee is only for spouses and/or children. Please contact us if you are unsure.
Virtual registration fee includes the following:
- Publication of 1 accepted paper in the proceedings. Publication of each additional paper requires a €150 EUR registration
- Access to all the sessions of the conference